Looking at the first half of 2022, we can see that at the Business Angels of Slovenia we were very busy allowing us to accomplish a lot of things.
Already in the first half we have screened more than 300 startups from all over Europe, MENA, Mediterranean Region and even India. The startups were examined by our team and the best ones were also further presented to our investors. There were more than 60 of them like this and we have interviewed them and had in-depth conversations with them, before moving on to due diligence.
All of this hard work also paid off, as we already closed 5 investments in this year:
- Preferred to stay anonymous
- Grashka – a food development and production company that distributes responsible plant-based products for people and the environment. We create sustainable supply chains within our region of Europe, support organic and regenerative agriculture and promote self-sufficiency in quality plant-based nutrients.
- LIGHT UP – a company producing a special biodegradable candle, which aims to tackle the ever-increasing problem of plastic in today’s world.
- Beeping – a hard trust marketplace for senior care and household services. They are a proven household services leader in Slovenia, Croatia and also Madrid, Spain. With their tech-enabled platform, they help subscribers and their senior family members stay independent while living securely and happily at home.
- Flare – a developer of smart solutions that allows us to track our valuables. Currently they are best known by their smart reflector Flare, which allows parents to see the location of their child.
We also put a lot of emphasis on travelling around and attending a lot of important events in order to establish new partnerships and strengthen the existent ones. In this way we were able to develop new partnerships in Mediterranean, Estonia, Finland, Poland, Georgia and Greece. These also have opened a lot of new investment opportunities for us, about which we are very excited.
In this first half of the year we were also able to get our Startup Clinic once again to be supported from the SEF (Slovene Enterprise Fund). The Startup clinic presents a program where 20 companies have the ability to use 16 hours of free specialist consulting from different specialists.
Here we pointed out just some of the things we were able to accomplish and we hope that the second half will be at least as successful if not more 🙂