Candidates should be strategic thinkers, strong communicators, and creative problem solvers. Attention to detail, ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment and organization skills are critical. You must be passionate about the future of transportation, building companies, and great teams, and of course, telling great stories.
- Develop pitches and leverage reporter relationships to land outstanding & ongoing coverage with business, tech, industry, and local outlets
- Create content to shape and share our story, with an eye for telling it creatively and writing it well (Blog posts, contributed content, briefing docs, case studies, etc.)
- Manage social media channels (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Reddit) – developing content and monitoring what’s being said about Aurora/AVs
- Keep an ear to the ground about our industry to proactively secure all types of opportunities, from podcasts to print
- Develop internal relationships to seek out the most interesting work we’re doing and find ways to highlight this with external stakeholders, making technical concepts accessible to broad audiences
- Help manage executive speaking opportunities by identifying opportunities and vetting incoming requests
- 5-7 years work experience
- Excellent and prolific writing and editing skills
- Strong media relations with a track record of landing stories
- A “nose for news” – can develop narratives and tell them via a range of mediums: blog, social, media (from the NYT to trucking blogs and technical publications)
- Proactive, tenacious, creative, curious. Comfortable diving into new topics even when technical and helping a broad audience — from media to the public — understand our work
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly
- The desire to build a brand, define an industry, and have a lot of fun along the way!